?PAGE 8 SECTION A FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2013 THE ENTERPRISE-BULLETIN
Donate blood. It's the gift that saves lives
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call to reschedule so another donor may be scheduled in your place!
REC PLEX 1724 MOSLEY STREET
SATURDAY, APRIL 6
TH FROM 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Book your appointment or see Eligibility info online at www.blood.ca or by calling 1-888-2DONATE (1-888-236-6283)
Morris Janitorial Service
Specializing in Commercial Cleaning & Window Cleaning
Over 30 Years Experience Insured & Bonded
Box 69, Clarksburg N0H 1J0
Société canadienne du sang
Follow us on Twitter @itsinyoutogive, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CanadianBloodServices and see our YouTube channel at 18882DONATE
BARRISTERS PAUL LEE
Paul A. Lee Certified as a Specialist in Civil Litigation by The Law Society Of Upper Canada
This page is brought to you by these community minded businesses
Personal Injury Disability Claims Insurance Claims Head Injuries Fatal Accidents Real Estate Wills & Estates 207 HURONTARIO STREET, SUITE #3 COLLINGWOOD, ONTARIO L9Y 2M1
Royal Canadian Legion Branch 63 490 Ontario Street, Collingwood 445-3780 Standing for Country and Community
Donate Blood Today
Save Lives Tomorrow
Canadian Blood Services is asking local residents to consider donating blood today to help maintain a strong inventory of blood and blood products for hospital patients. The need for blood in Canada is constant because blood has a short shelf life: platelets must be transfused within five days and red blood cells within 42 days. Hospitals continue to draw on the supply of blood for Canadian patients who require treatment for cancer, surgery, car accidents and for hundreds of other medical situations that require life-saving blood. Often it takes many donors to save just one life. It's amazing to see how one small act like blood donation can have a big impact on the lives of others. In Central Ontario we serve 48 hospitals. Locally - Collingwood General & Marine Hospital requires approximately 108 units of blood every month to help patients in need.
To our Future Donors! .....
The Importance of giving blood
* Did you know that over 2000 units of blood are needed every day in hospitals across Canada? One unit of blood is equal to 450 ml and the average number of units required per patient is 4.6 units. A single blood donation can help to save up to three lives. * Becoming a blood donor is one of the greatest acts of kindness. Research shows that Canadians donate blood because they want to help other Canadians in need-friends, neighbours, family or total strangers. * People need blood and blood products for many reasons. Blood is used to treat wounds, illnesses like cancer and the lack of enough red blood cells. It is also used in procedures such as organ transplants, bypasses and hip replacements.
To become a donor
* You must be at least 17 years old to become a blood donor. Even if you are not old enough to donate now, someone you know is. * As a future blood donor, you can tell your parents or other members of your family about the importance of donating blood. Canada is always in need of a steady supply of blood and blood products-from blood donors who can give every 56 days. * Today, you may be looking forward to becoming a teenager, starting high school, or learning to drive a car. Why not also look forward to becoming a regular blood donor? With each future donation, you can save up to three lives. Think of yourself as a super-hero in training!
Does donating blood hurt?
* You probably think that donating blood hurts. Except for a small "pinch" when the needle goes in, giving blood rarely hurts. Most donors find that it hurts less the more often they have donated.
* Did you know that only about 3.5 percent of eligible Canadians donate blood? * This means that if you put 100 people in a room, only 3.5 will be blood donors. If each of the 3.5 makes a blood donation, Canadian Blood Services will have collected 3.5 units of blood. Since, on average, 4.6 units of blood are required to treat a patient, we are short 1.1 units...we need more blood donors!
490 ONTARIO STREET
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10
TH FROM 1:30 PM - 7:30 PM
"Insurance is your responsibility... Helping you obtain the best is mine!"
AUTO WRECKERS &RECYCLING LTD.
Used Auto Parts &Scrap Metal Dealer Steel Sales Bin Service
Hwy.#26 (at Brayside St.) R.R. #2 Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z1
1423 Mosley St. Box 374 Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 1A4 Office: (705) 429-8885 Fax: (705) 429-3306 Member of Wasaga Beach Chamber of Commerce
HOME *AUTO *COMMERCIAL *FARM
202 ONTARIO STREET
Complete Line of Building Supplies All Types of Windows & Doors Woodworking
SPECIALIZE IN CUTTING TO SPECIFICATIONS
Bill Brown Woodworking & Builders Supply Ltd.
743 Mountain Road Collingwood
TH FROM 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM MEDICAL CONSULTATIONS PRESCRIPTION DELIVERIES COMPLIANCE PACKAGING PROFESSIONAL AND CARING
For all your Pharmacy needs
186 Erie St. Located behind hospital Regular hours Mon - Fri 9am - 9pm Sat 9am - 3pm
* Exhaust * Brakes * Suspensions * Oil Changes * Tune-Ups * Batteries * Light, Medium & Heavy Towing, Tilt & Load Service
80 High Street South of Home Depot